We are not able to recruit new volunteers at the moment, however we wish to support anyone who would like to go in the field and help in the refugees camps.
Here are a few tips to help you start:
- Find some good and reliable friends: they make all the difference! You need to work with like-minded people who are reliable and are able to work as part of a team.
- Keep up to date with the latest news and learn more about the situation in the camps to decide on where you could go.
- Make a list of the things you could provide. Either material items or others (translation services, medical care…).
- Find contacts of volunteers already working in the field: facebook is a great place to start with as many volunteers have create groups for the different camps.
- Once you have contacts, enquire about what’s most needed (items, help, services…).
- Set up a fundraising page on Justgiving.com or other platforms and start raising money.
- Be transparent on how you’re going to use the money and keep receipts for anything that you buy with the donations.
- Create a facebook page to give updates and share pictures after your trip.