From March 19 to 28 we volunteered on Lesbos Island to help the refugees and support other charities already working there. Our duties included:
- Distribution of basic needs to the different camps of the Island.
- Visiting the refugees, listening and giving them mental support.
- Distributing toys to the children and playing with them (workshops, games…)
- Staying every night by the sea side to watch out for refugees boats and being ready to welcome them (Because of the weather conditions, only a few boats came in the first night).
- Offering our translation services to help the refugees seek asylum.
Items bought in Lesbos:
- Ferry tickets for 12 refugees (Lesbos to Athens)
- 84 pairs of shoes for men, women and kids
- 100 pairs of socks for men, women and kids
- 50 sets of women underwear
- 100 packs of baby wipes
- 15 hijab/scarves for women
- baby milk powder (newborn to 3 years old)
- 7344 liters of mineral water (around 14,000 bottles of 500ml)
- 14 tents (56 people in total)
- sandwiches for refugees waiting for the ferry at the Port
- Life jackets for 35 babies/kids
Two of our team members delivered food to the kitchen of Idemoni camp:
- 100kg of oranges
- 64kg of rice
- 10l of cooking oil
- 72 tins of tomatoes
- 192 tuna tins